Monday, November 3, 2008

Football

You can always start a conversation mentioning football (soccer) here, especially the Premier League. I am a Chelsea fan, and through that choice I have many enemies. Most of the kids at our youth clubs support Arsenal or Liverpool so they’ve been trying to sway my allegiance. I was not able to follow the Premier League in the States much so I have enjoyed having it be a way of life here. I’ve played once a week with some of the older guys indoors and thankfully they already expected my poor performance by being American. I would prefer to be outside on a pitch but I have not yet found equipment, good weather, or enough people to make it worthwhile. It has been difficult to find any type of adult league for a mediocre player like me, but I’ll keep looking! I am excited about going to a match on the 12th with some friends. For now, I am content to go to the local pub and watch bigger matches over a good meal and a pint.

No comments: