Monday, July 6, 2009

Bournemouth!



Saturday June 26th about 80 of us from Harrow left on a coach to Bournemouth. Many of us had been praying for the nice sunny weather to hold out, conscious of how rare it is to have such a long streak of heat in London. A bunch of kids in my youth clubs wanted to go but one of the najor schools at rescheduled their summer fair to the same day:( yet we wouldn't have had space since the bus filled up over a week before going! the skies were grey as we left...
We arrived at the beach around 11:30 and the sun was blazing! we had many families with us and it was fun to see the kids run through the waves, play in the sand, make castles, throw frisbees, screaming their heads off with delight. I remember one little girl, around 3 laughing while slapping her hands in the waves over and over not realizing how cold she was (her lips were blue and her teeth were chattering uncontrolably.
It was my first time to the seaside in the UK and I felt pretty white when I took my shirt off and went for a swim. A group of us guys dragged a few people into the water whether they were ready or not (see pic). We had a Harrow v. Southall volleyball match that got a little intense as we debated different rules. The net must have fallen at least 6 or 7 times!
We ate lunch, ran around, ate ice cream, walked on the pier. It was a perfect day to go to the beach. Rain, thunder and lightning greeted us in Harrow when we returned. Evidentally there was a huge hail storm and several inches of rain while we were gone! I'm glad we missed it. anyways I didn't take many photos, I still need to work on remembering to take more.

No comments: